1. 12 MONTH MEMBERSHIP: $799 +gst (unlimited drop in classes only (regular price $899)
This works out to just $15.36/week which is about the cost of one drop in class.
If you regularly attend one or more classes/week, this pass makes good $$ sense!
(and the more classes you attend, the greater the benefit)
we offer 24+ drop in classes per week
- 2 membership holds for up to one month each
2. 30 CLASS PASS $300 +gst (regular price $330)
use for any regularly scheduled classes in Yoga, Pilates, Zumba etc.
Validity one year (unused classes will be added to the next pass purchases)
3. 40 DAYS FOR THE PRICE OF 30 MEMBERSHIP $99 +gst
40 consecutive days from the first class taken: 10 free days!
Available for purchase at the studio or on line January 1 - 31 2015
* please note the following additions & changes to our regular drop in schedule
- Saturdays: Gentle Yoga with Shubha Hosalli @11:30am - 1:00pm note earlier start time
- Sundays: Candlelight Yoga & Meditation with Shubha @ 4 - 5:30pm note earlier start time
- Mondays: Yin Yoga by Candlelight with Natalie Tamosiunas @ 7:30 - 8:45pm
- Wednesdays: Barre Fusion with Jayne van Heerland @ 5:30 - 6:30pm* earlier start time
- Thursdays: Yin Yoga & Deep Relaxation with Adrian Brett @ 7:30 - 9pm
SPECIAL EVENTS & REGISTERED COURSES
by pre-registration: drop ins may be accepted. RSVP
- BC FAMILY DAY HOLIDAY on Monday Feb 9 (see holiday schedule below)
- Kundalini Yoga Tuesdays till Feb 10 @ 11:00 - 12:30pm: drop in $15 cash or cheque only
- Yin & YANG Yoga with Laila Dajani Fridays till Feb 28 @ 11:00am - 12:30 (FREE CLASS FRIDAY JAN 30!)
BC FAMILY DAY 2015: Monday, February 9, 2015
holiday schedule below
- 9 - 10:15AM: YOGA/PILATES FUSION with Cathy
- 10:30am - 12pm: GENTLE & THERAPEUTIC YOGA with Jenny Hyndman
- 5:00 - 6:00pm: ZUMBA with Roxana
(all other evening classes are cancelled for the holiday)
SPECIAL EVENTS & COURSES
* FREE Yin & Yang Yoga class *
FRIDAY January 30 @ 11:00am - 12:30pm
Many of you will be familiar with Laila's teaching if you attended Yin & Yang Yoga
as part of our Candlelight Yoga series at Christmas.
We feel very fortunate to have Laila teaching at Breathing Space
as she brings an extraordinary depth of knowledge and experience to the practice.
Join her this Friday January 30 for a free class.
She will be offering Yin & Yang Yoga every Friday during February@ 11:00 - 12:30pm
Kundalini Yoga with Heidi Sohm
continues on Tuesdays @ 11:00am - 12:30pm until Feb 10.
Beginning Tuesday February 17 - March 17,
The Chakra Series (part 1) will be offered as described below:
Saturday March 7 @ 2 - 6pm
“One man’s food is another man’s poison”
Ayurveda, a traditional holistic, natural healing science of health from India,
has been practiced for over 5,000 years
and teaches us how to live a healthy, balanced life and emphasizes diet
as the most essential part of a healthy life.
Learn in a most fun, interactive and informative way the
fundamentals of Healthy Cooking – the Ayurvedic way!
Ayurveda is the Indian Healing practice that details food choices and
preparation that is right for different body types.
You will learn about the principles necessary to prepare wholesome,
nutrient dense, balanced meals that do not compromise the taste buds!
The exotic spices and herbs used in Ayurveda not only bring out flavors in your food
but they also provide exceptional health and healing benefits to your body.
The hands-on aromatic cooking experience are something
that will imprint flavor in your memory – forever!
This intensive course is designed to give the student a sound understanding
of the Ayurvedic nutrition and food combinations that empower health and digestion.
Students will learn how to plan well-balanced, nutritious vegetarian meals made from grains,
beans, vegetables, fruits, seeds, dairy products, fat, spices and herbs, based on Ayurvedic principles.
This course is open to everyone interested in good food for good health.
Free Intro lecture on Saturday Feb 28th, 2015- @ 3pm - 4:30pm
· Introduction to the basic principles of Ayurveda
· Determine your own body type with tridosha theory
· Introduction to Dincharya (daily schedule)
· Learn to eat for your body type,
· Discovering the “6 tastes”
· A balanced diet according to Ayurveda
· The twelve Ayurvedic food groups
· Food combinations using Ayurvedic principles
· Proper preparation of vegetarian proteins for the maintenance of essential protein in diet
· Use of Ayurvedic herbs and spices to enhance the digestive process
Planning well balanced, nutritious meals
Pre-Registered Cooking workshop on Saturday March 7th, 2015 @ 2pm to 6pm
- Menu will cover recipes for all body types: Total 5 dishes
-Recipes to be cooked with therapeutic herbs and spices
- Proper food combinations used to enhance the digestion, assimilation of nutrients
and elimination of waste.
-Ayurvedic Cooking and food combination for food allergies.
This is a great way to socialize and learn about food, health and cooking.
The workshop will be like a festival of color, aroma, taste and touch;
participants will taste all the food preparations.
“There can be no better pharmacy than your own Kitchen”
Workshop fee: $65 for 4 hrs of cooking class + food + Tea+ good company!
register asap! number of spaces available is limited
LOOKING AHEAD TO SPRING BREAK!
Dance Exploration for Kids
for ages 4-8
March Break Activity for Children
Introduce your child to the wonders of their imagination in a non-competitive
environment. The boys and girls will learn to clap to a tune, map out a pattern and turn
their creative ideas into movement all while learning ballet basics.
Taught by a former soloist with The Royal Winnipeg Ballet, Cindy Winsor. Cindy has a
vast knowledge of the world of dance and loves to return to where her passion for
dance first began.
Register your child for one week of Spring Break and watch their imagination soar.
Date: Monday – Friday, March 16-20th, 2015
4-5 year olds from 12:45-1:30 pm, 6-8 year olds from 1:30-2:15 pm
Attire: bare feet and comfortable clothing (capri length pants preferred)
Price: $35.00 for the week
(minimum registration: 5 children - registration no later than March 14th)
Drop-in available: $10 a class, if space is available
For more information or to register contact: